Google publishes new manual actions aimed at Google News and Discover penalties
- February 9, 2021
credit: Barry Schwartz
Google has not yet announced the addition of these new manual actions but they are all visible in the help documents.
Google has quietly published a whole new set of manual actions around Google News and Google Discover policies and guidelines. Manual actions are when Google human reviewers apply a penalty to a website or webpages after it has come to Google’s attention that something was done that was not in accordance with Google’s posted webmaster guidelines.
Previously, Google only had manual actions for Google web search related guidelines. Now, Google has added manual actions around Google News and Google Discover.
The new manual actions. Here are the new manual actions listed in the manual actions help document for Google News and Google Discover:
- Discover policy violation: Adult-themed content
- News and Discover policy violation: Dangerous content
- News and Discover policy violation: Harassing content
- News and Discover policy violation: Hateful content
- News and Discover policy violation: Manipulated media
- News and Discover policy violation: Medical content
- Discover policy violation: Misleading content
- News and Discover policy violation: Sexually explicit content
- News and Discover policy violation: Terrorist content
- News policy violation: Transparency
- News and Discover policy violation: Violence and gore content
- News and Discover policy violation: Vulgar language and profanity
Links to these new manual actions were added to both the Google News content policies section and the Google Discover content policies section.
Why we care. If you are in the publishing space, you will want to ensure that you understand these specific manual actions. All these manual actions do are enforce the existing policies and guidelines Google has already published within its help documents. But now, it is possible, that your website or web pages can receive a manual action through Google Search Console for violating any of these listed guidelines above.
If your company needs any help with its Google rankings, please contact the experts at SPYDERwebmarketing.com at 833 377 9337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim is a Senior Digital Marketing Strategist Spyder Digital and has over 19 years of experience in the field. His insight and ability to drive new business for his clients from the Internet is unparalleled.
About SPYDER, web marketing agency
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results from various Internet marketing services across several key areas. 833 377 9337
Request a free quote
We offer professional web marketing services including content strategies, SEO, PPC, local marketing, Email campaigns, Social Media Strategies and digital consulting. Let's talk.